Using the same techniques as I used on paper, I stamped the beetroot onto fabric too. I then freehand embroidered and beaded the character.
For this project, my initial idea was to create a character that could be used to illustrate a narrative promoting the use of natural dyes. I experimented with different vegetable dyes, one of the more successful ones being beetroot. I used cooked beetroot to print directly onto the paper and then added in the features.
Although it was a shame that we didn’t get the full collaborative piece finished, I was really pleased with my section of the work. It was really enjoyable working with new techniques and skills to create a finished object.